Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

High

I have always heard about the "natural high" you get from running, working out, exercise, etc.  I thought it sounded great, but I didn't believe it was true for everyone.  I didn't get a high from running.  I got pain and frustration and an inability to draw breath.  I thought I just wasn't one of those people who got that exercise high.

Until now.

I finally get it!  I was trying to do too much too soon, and it was too hard.  Now that I'm working on my gradual conditioning, I am succeeding and feeling that amazing high that comes not only from being active but also the amazing high that comes from trying something hard and succeeding.

I am well aware that my level of difficulty wouldn't be very difficult for everyone, but it's still an accomplishment for me - one I am very proud of.  So I will happily ride this high until tomorrow when it is time to drag myself onto the treadmill again.  But this time it won't be such a chore because I will remember how good it feels to get high.

No comments:

Post a Comment